PLEASE! Leave me some comments!
Sunday, 25 April 2010
One of the things about living in a foreign country on an occassional basis is that you don't have your regular life full of the people you know. You are here for a while then gone again. Here again then gone. Which means you don't have quite the social community you are used to from your other life. This is particularly the case in Scandinavia. Once you make friends with a Swede you have a friend for life. However, if you don't know them, they are particularly quiet and difficult to make friends with. It is very unlike the States where you are social with strangers on a daily basis (think the grocery cashier, the person standing in line next to you etc etc). SO please leave a comment. I appreciate it more that you can imagine.
2 comments:
Hi there,
I can relate to being an expat on some level. Although I only stayed in China with the husband for a couple of months, the first month was so tough. Although I am Asian, China was like a whole different planet plus not speaking the language also making adjustment period hard.
I have heard about how Europe are so different than the States (I was living in the States for over 3 years and loving it lol) but hey I guess one of the perk is you can travel many different countries from where you are :D
Stopping by from SITS
Hi, I saw your comment on BlogFrog and I new I needed to get in touch with you. I am Swedish living in Seattle, WA married to an American man, I figured we could trade stories. I have lived in the US for 14 year 7 in Boston, MA and now 7 in Seattle, WA. I love to hear about your Swedish experiences and craziness from an American perspective. I just started writing a food blog since that is always what I wanted to do. I do have a full time job that is very stressful but cooking and blogging is a great outlet and love it. Hope to hear from you soon! BTW many grocery stores here only have 1 hour free parking after that you have to pay, especially Trader Joes here. I think it has to do with city living. It used to be like that in Boston too. I think if you live in the outskirts you have huge parking lots and don’t have to worry about space. Just my thought.
Post a Comment