Chic Swedish Inspired Table Settings
Tuesday, 8 June 2010
Swedes love the outdoors, considering the dark and cold of winter, it's only logical that they would spend every second out of doors in the summer. Including meals. I just love the table above. It's SO inviting.
All the details are about bringing nature to the table.
And the table to the nature. And yes, that is a blanket over the back of the chair, it's cold here EVEN in summer!
So simple and quick
Forest chic (okay not so simple)
or...
Beach chic.
Eating outside is a way of life here (when the weather cooperates!)
all pics from Skona Hem, a decorating magazine.
Please note, I SO do not enjoy cooking in fact it makes me kind of crazy. However I am a sucker for a well set table, and I'd like to thank my grandmother for that gift. She was a '50s corporate wife with a flair and passion for entertaining her husbands biz associates and persnickity with proper table etiquette.
all pics from Skona Hem, a decorating magazine.
Please note, I SO do not enjoy cooking in fact it makes me kind of crazy. However I am a sucker for a well set table, and I'd like to thank my grandmother for that gift. She was a '50s corporate wife with a flair and passion for entertaining her husbands biz associates and persnickity with proper table etiquette.




5 comments:
I'm jealous. My husband is Swedish and he won't set foot out of doors for fear of burning his white Swedish skin. ;P
FMBird-that's funny, because most Swedes actually tan quite well...maybe he has a bit of Danish in him? :-)
Love different table settings...
I´m a Norwegian living in Denmark-
All the Scandinavian countries loves to spend time outdoors.
When warm enough we "move " outside on the deck, meals, talks, all of it.Also the evenings are so light. The suthern part gets dark at 11 pm.
Notherpart is daylight ( midnightsun ) all 24 hr.of the day.I´m from just below the artic circle and looooooove those very quiet evenings/ nights. The light is fantastic- especially at the coast line of nother Norway.
That looks soooo beautiful! Totally love it :D
Post a Comment