Simply Chic Yet Cozy Swedish Decorating

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Have you ever walked into a store and instantly wanted to walk up to the counter and say "Yes, I'll take it all, thanks.  Yes, that's right the whole store."  I don't usually shop a whole lot here.  It's expensive to start with, the dollar is bad, and sales tax is 25% (no, that's not a typo).  SO I try for the most part to not even venture into stores unless I have a need.  But this little boutique is new and it was calling my name.  While it was really a flower store they had all these cute accessories in there for decorating a window.  You see, in Sweden all houses and apartments are built with really deep windowsills or little shelves under the windowsill and Swedes do the most amazing things with these windowsills.  Often in addition to plants/flowers they have lights and candles (remember it's pretty dark half the year here).  I am sure that any of these windowsill ideas could be transfered to a cute table in front of a windowsill or the likes.  Mostly it's all about creating an atmosphere of mysig-ness (Swedish for cozy).  Read on...you'll see what I mean.  Please note:  all pics taken with my iphone - and not the new one with the great camera so please excuse!

 







 

 

1 comments:

Delishhh 10 June 2010 at 10:46  

Oh i miss those little stores, i could spend hour in Duka and stores like this. Thanks for sharing and letting me dream!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP