Walpurgis: aka Valborg
Monday, 3 May 2010

So, it wasn't warm. But then again what holiday here is warm? A fellow ex-pat said that crummy weather on Valborg means nice weather on Midsommar. In case you are wondering what Valborg is please do wiki it. It has a history involving christianity and students and a 1/2 dozen other things. In the end though I think mostly it celebrates spring. I am happy to support that notion but am not holding my breath that it is going to be warm here.
It WAS mysig. We had a lovely grill evening with loads of friends. Best of all I noticed that the trees are starting to get that green "haze" about them. Meaning their little leaves are just started to emerge making their bare branches a lovely soft neon green color. I love it! I would have to argue that spring is the absolute best season in Sweden.
0 comments:
Post a Comment