More bullying...
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
My son is still being bullied. The perp is 7. 7! Today I picked my son up from his school in Sweden and he couldn't find his shoes (they wear slippers during the school day, see my post from April on this). It's that kid again. This child actually will hide all of my son's belongings along with yelling at him, taunting and teasing. I told my son, ignore him, dogs don't chase cats that don't run. SO he ignores him. Today of course, I'm in a hurry and my son is shoeless. SO I haul off to the teacher and say please could you have this child (he is well known for doing these antics to all the new kids) come and get my son's shoes so we can go? So he turns to the child and says "Did you hide his shoes?" and of course the kid is smart and says NO! SO the teacher turns to me and says he didn't hide them. I'm a little exasperated at this point. Mortified and trying to pull out my best Swedish ever, to say something, anything clever, confident, smart, etc but instead get flustered, and give up. *Sigh* Score 1 for the kid, 0 for me and -2 for the teacher. He lost both my and the kid's respect. It seems like a simple fix but if there is one thing I have learned from living in foreign countries, it's that nothing is simple.
0 comments:
Post a Comment