The Millenium Series - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Have you read the Millenium Series?  They are a worldwide phenomenon and the last book of the trilogy is coming out at the end of this month in the States, written by a Swede!  Of course here it in Sweden it has been out for some time so it is a bit of old news but WoW!  They are truly suspenseful, can't-put-them-down-books that paint (in my humble opinion) a very accurate picture of the stark and harsh realities of the winter landscape here.  The translations could be a bit better in some spots (I would read them in Swedish if you are fluent).  I read the first with my book club.  I recommended them to my husband and he read them in one sitting each.  The first is a bit dry in the beginning.  The set up takes a while and the plethora of Scandinavian names may be a bit overwhelming but stick with it.  It's a fascinating set of books.  Just don't blame me when you are tired at work the next day because you were up to 2AM reading!  LOL.  Oooohhh and the movies are just being released in the States too!  The originals and coming soon as well, a Hollywood version of them.

2 comments:

Delishhh 5 May 2010 at 07:46  

Come on over and pick you your award!! http://delishhh.com/

Natalie 11 May 2010 at 19:17  

Love, love, love, LOVE this series!! I cannot wait for book #3 - I've already pre-ordered it through amazon.com!! Got about a month to go and I can hardly wait! I hope they don't screw up the book with the movie ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP