Journaling pictures.
Wednesday, 20 June 2007
Like the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge, I am working on a project that will always be a work in progress. Trying to journal all the pictures we have taken since 99 or so. Since we got a digital camera. I have been working on the latest year and that in itself is a feat. I think I take about 250 pictures a week. I think I journal about half of that. Wheeeewwwww. I was just journaling the trip to Thailand. There is absolutely no way that the waters around those lovely islands will be able to sustain the tourism and damage that is being done to them. It makes me feel guilty about going there but at the same time I would rather see them now...before they are gone. Here is a perfect example of what I mean. Maya Beach is this luxurious beach. Pristine white sands, unbelievably gorgeous setting. Once remote. Now overrun by the likes of western tourists. The Thai people while kind and incredibly hospitable seemed apathetic (maybe ignorant?) to keep the area clean despite their own living being made from it. The monkeys were grossly overweight from being fed way too much. Pathetic to see a monkey that is addicted to Fanta. The crisis there is as stunning as the beauty.
0 comments:
Post a Comment