A little side note.
Saturday, 9 May 2009
One of the challenges of my past year is well...myself. My kids are getting older and more independent and that scares me! Who am I anymore if not the FULLTIME mommy to my kids? Sure I am still many of my other roles. But many of the things I used to identify myself fell away because of the enormity of being a mom to young kids. Executive Recruiter? Technical Recruiter? and before that student. What happens when you are left alone to just be with yourself? Parenting little ones takes up all of your time and energy. Especially when you do a lot of that solo due to husband's love of work. So this year has been about starting to adjust to me. Prepping for next year when Keegan is in school full time and I have a number of hours that I spend with me, myself and I. There I said it! Aaaa! I told someone the other day that I was terrified for when he was gone. In fact just saying it terrified me. So what now when I have a little time and energy left over for me? The blog, some camera classes, a book club, developing some new friendships, volunteering more...and of course relief when my kidlets come off that bus. Maybe they will never realize how much that first hug off the bus means but I will.
0 comments:
Post a Comment