More Blissed Books

Tuesday, 19 May 2009

The Little Book. So it took me darn near forever (4 weeks?) to get through this book but I found it ABSOLUTELY fascinating. It has also brought me to a couple of conclusions about my reading habits. I have always know that I like books that have a historical background. Perhaps it is my love of politics and culture that I tend to stray that way. I also have been reading a disproportionate amount of books set around WWII. I am now discovering a pattern that I also really love time travel books. Please don't let that scare you off though, this isn't a scifi book. I am not into Star Trek or anything of the likes unless you count my son's obsession with Star Wars that has leached over to me. The little book is actually set in 1897 Vienna. I would explain it but it has so many twists and turns and is so complex, I could never go it justice. Just check it out instead. http://bit.ly/7JGJS
Also read Sarah's Key. Learned about the round-up of the Jews in Paris in the summer of 1942 by French Police. I knew NOTHING about this particular event despite my degree having been concentrated on WWII. Fast read. There are actually two stories intertwined in this book, Sarah's story and the narrator's present day story. Loved Sarah's story and could identify with the ex-pat aspect of the other story. The two alternate which keeps Sarah's story from becoming too too heavy which was quite a feat in itself. http://bit.ly/l5VUE

1 comments:

Tiffany Wacaser 1 June 2009 at 10:28  

Oh, that sounds like a great book. I'll have to check it out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP