A little about the weather.

Thursday, 5 July 2007


The winter was cold, but that was something I expected. Actually it wasn't even as cold as it could have been. It didn't rain a lot. That was completely unexpected. The spring was chilly but for the most part clear and sunny and when the flowers came out and were blooming it was gorgeous. The last two weeks of May and first week of June were incredible. We hit the 80's. I got a book on the sites to see in Skåne and was busy dreaming/planning of where we would go. Then the rain started. Midsommar (midsummer) was drenched. The next days were cool, partially rainy but we could still get out. It started to get worse. The 250 miles of Swedish beaches within our reach have been put on hold. How long could the March like weather last? It cleared up just enough on Sun. for our big picnic. We got lucky and had a break between storms last night just long enough to enjoy a grilling session with American friends for the Fourth. Last night at about 1AM a hurricane like storm blew in and it is coming down now like it was early Nov. in Washington. 58 is the forecasted high. UGH. I didn't realize but summer is actually the rainy season here in Sweden. While the rest of the year they get 1-2 inches of rain in each of the summer months they get over two. To compensate for the warmer temperatures? Never fear however we are keeping the glass half full. My son is watching a video in Swedish. I am counting that towards his daily consumption of the language. My daughter's riding camp has an indoor arena. I have the internet. So we are busy. It is mysig (cosy) to be inside on such a November day. Ooops I mean July. After my neighbor complained to me of the weather and rolled her eyes I don't feel so bad saying I hope this doesn't last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP