Bliss Tree
Thursday, 30 April 2009
No not a Christmas Tree, a Bliss tree. Spring is in full bloom so I am taking the kids out this weekend and we are going to get a tree to plant. Then we are going to have a planting ceremony, bliss it, pray for a divine blessing of it, and watch it grow. I have two other trees like this. One for each of my kids planted the year they were born. Growing up each of us siblings had a tree. My brother asked for a tree one year for Christmas. Not a Christmas tree. He didn't want to decorate it. He wanted to plant it in the yard. It still stands in my parents yard. This summer when I go back to the town I grew up in I hope to drive by our old house peek through the cracks of the back fence and see if I can catch site of my tree. I will share with my kids memories about growing up in that backyard and the fun I had, and then maybe I will just drift off for a moment imagining they might do the same for their kids one day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment