Scrambled.
Friday, 25 January 2008
Brain scramble with a side of toast. That is what I must have had for breakfast the first morning right as I returned from Sweden. It is funny. Our lives in Sweden were very busy but in a different way. Less running around. Sure we traveled more but we kept to ourselves much more. Some how there are days here where I just don't feel I have enough hours to accomplish what I need to get done. When we got back I went through and tried to declutter and simplify so that we had less stuff. It worked to a degree. The thing about stuff is that it requires attention. You have to care for it to one degree or another. All of our stuff here had been ignored for 1.5 years. Some of the stuff was old, some too small, too big, something we didn't need anymore etc. Also, the house needed some care. The yard, the garbage disposal, the fridge, the toilets, the sink. All of them begged for attention. There was the shopping to think of as well. Not just for Xmas. For everything. The kids had grown out of everything. No winter clothes. Keegan didn't even have a bed, his crib was still sitting in his room. We were missing pieces of furniture that we took to Sweden and decided to leave there. Since we were getting new furniture we decided to replace some things we weren't fond of anymore. Of course as soon as I got down to a good level of stuff in mid Nov. our stuff from Sweden arrived. Approx. a barebones household of stuff to assimulate. Unpacked that stuff. Just barely in time for Xmas. Whew. See the problem was that life didn't stop while doing all of this. Xmas was tiring. For everyone. Just after Xmas all kinds of melted down. I can't say I was sad to pack up Xmas stuff. For about 4 hours just after Xmas I thought, gosh, what do I do now? We have empty schedules! So I resumed the kids schedules beyond school and Swedish school by picking up their lessons again. I also picked up volunteering again. I tried to be conservative but here I am back at crazy brain scramble in trying to get everything done. It is good to be busy.
1 comments:
Brain scramble is such a good way to describe it. I felt the same way, except we weren't going to a home we knew and loved. It was the type of brain scramble where things were still uncertain. It took me a whole year to get over it. Now we are back to the uncertain part again. But somehow, this time, it's not bothering me so much.
And decluttering is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Post a Comment